Friday, June 21, 2013

Vintage Sewing Pattern: Butterick 4699 Two-Way Wrap Dress

Printed in 1968. What an interesting pattern to sew! Basically the dress is just a sheet of fabric with 3 armholes. There is no darts at all. When I found this pattern, I couldn't resist adding it into my collections. Well, I have to admit that I really like unusual, some sort of strange patterns.

Review of this vintage pattern

- Extremely simple to sew.

- Long binding was a bit boring to sew.

- Next time, I will make this with two different fabrics to be reversible so that I don't have to stitch all the way around and all I have to bind will be just armholes.

- I had concerns of this pattern whether it would fit well because there was no darts at all. However, the shape was very nice when I wear. Overall, the pattern is well designed.

The wrap dress I made with this pattern is shown here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment