Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Winnie the Pooh: Piglet 手作りピグレット ハンドメイド (English&Japanese)

I made Piglet, the fourth year in a row of making Winnie the Pooh and his friends, for my niece's birthday gift! I used a vintage MacCall's pattern in 1960s. Piglet seems like the original one in the book of Milne rather than Disney's. I prefer the original ones anyway!

クマのプーさんの仲間、ピグレットのぬいぐるみを作りました。ミルンの原画に似ています。連続4年のプーさんと仲間たちの作製。姪のリクエストに応えた誕生日プレゼントです。

ピグレット 手作り
Finished size is approximately 25cm(10 inch) height to the tip of the ears and 27cm(11 inch) width to hands. It's quite smaller than Pooh as expected!

It was very easy to make. I didn't use the suggested fabric but instead used micro fiber, slightly pinky one for the body, thinking that would fit into Pigret, a little pig. Others I had seen at shops were bright pink which might be similar to the one by Disney but I don't like strong colors for staffed animals for kids.

The back head has two darts. The rompers have a dart in front and 4 tacks in the back.

作るのは簡単でした。ボディーの生地はマイクロファイバーにしました。耳の内側はコットンベルベットです。頭の後ろてっぺんにはダーツが2つ、ロンパースの前にもダーツ1つ、後ろにはタックが4つ入っています。

I also altered the following:

- cotton velvet fabric for the inside of ears instead of the same material;

- cotton knit fabric for the rompers;

- instead of making fringes on the scarf, I cut 2 fabrics and sewed around them to turn out as my material was not suitable to make the fringe.

This Piglet doesn't have the eyebrows as seen in the original book of Milne. Disney changed the face with eyebrows. I guess they added to raise the eyebrows to show face expressions in the animation!

このピグレットには眉がありません。ミルンの原画にもないんですが、ディズニーのアニメでは顔の表情を出すために眉毛を足したんでしょう、きっと。

Hope you like my Piglet! I will sew Kanga and Roo next year. Then I will finish al of five, or six if Roo is counted separately, in the vintage McCall's 8087 envelope! In the mean time, please take a look of Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore I made.

来年はカンガとルーを作ります! それで型紙全部が終了! 今まで作ったプーさんティガーイーヨーも見てくださいね。

<目次>2013年6月までのAll Posts, What I Wrote!

 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I found this!
    When I was a small child, about 5 or 6 (early 1980's) I went to a jumble sale at our school. While I was there I saw a little piglet teddy in amongst all the jumble. I just wanted him straight away so asked my mum if I could buy. She said yes and from that day "Pig Pog" was my favourite teddy.
    He came everywhere with me. I slept with him every night and took him out and on holidays.
    His right arm was permanently bent where I used to tuck him right into me at night. Over time one of his ears fell off and my mum took the other ear, spilt it and added material to make two ears. His nose got squashed flat and he was very worn.
    I took him to Tunisia, France, Canada, Norway and Russia!
    I still had him through my teens and into my twenties when I met lad who was destined to be my husband.
    After being together a few years me and my boyfriend moved in together.
    In our new place I unpacked all our stuff and Pig was nowhere to be seen!
    Pig for lost. Nowhere to be found.
    We never saw him again. :(
    I was sad but took it as a sign of growing up and moving on.
    Anyway, I have been with that man for 22 years this year and married for 8 of those. We have 2 kids now.
    Every now and again I reminisce about pig and wonder where he went.
    The other day my son asked me what he looked like...So I said let's try and find another one on the internet. He looked handmade to me so there might be a pattern. After guessing the pattern may have been 60's I found the Mcolls pattern. Piglet looked the same shape as my Pig!
    After doing some more digging I came across your post on here!! It confirmed it for me. It's definitely the right pattern.
    What I love about yours is you used pale pink fleece fabric just like the fabric my Pig was made out of!!
    So anyway, I'm not much of a sewer but I'm going to purchase the pattern and to have a go at making another Pig.
    I'm 40 now and quite happy to relive a little bit of my childhood once more!!
    Thank you for reading.
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete